Sometimes I think my life should be a sitcom


This morning I found out I had to be on a conference call at 10:30. Those are always difficult when the little guy is awake and running around, but it's more time I can bill for, so I always call in, no matter how last minute. Of course, the little guy and I happened to sleep in this morning, so I didn't have much time to prepare.


In the hour and a half that I was on the conference call, I filled up the little guy's cereal bowl three times, cleaned off a highchair and toddler coated in Rice Krispies, had to go searching for my phone charger when I got that lovely "20% battery left" notice, got the little guy cookies, dealt with a 15-minute potty trip (we're beginning potty training, and the little guy is VERY enthusiastic, so it's a lot of up and down off the potty), and broke a mirror. My cell phone, on speaker and mute, followed along the whole time.


Just another day working from home ...

No comments:

Post a Comment