A month, condensed

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, so here is my life over the past month, via bullet points (because I'm extremely wordy and bullets help make me more concise ... sometimes):

  • My husband is home and has no plans in the immediate future to travel again for work. He is working a lot lately, though, as is the case for most people in retail this time of year.
  • Halloween was a blast. We carved pumpkins, the little guy was the cutest elephant ever, and I got to take him trick-or-treating for the first time.
  • I had another round of meetings in Chicago for work. The days were long and hectic, as usual, but the last day ended with an early holiday lunch for the office at a fancy restaurant, which was fun.
  • We finally bought a car that allows someone to sit in front of the little guy's car seat without forcing their knees into their chin. It's shiny and pretty and we love it. The little guy enjoyed checking out all the new buttons as well.
  • I realized that neither of my goals for the summer--potty training and moving the little guy into a twin bed--were accomplished. We're still working on the potty training, though, and we have a twin bed frame waiting for a mattress.
  • I booked a trip to NYC for my dear friend's bachelorette party. It should be a blast, but it will also be the first time I'm leaving the little guy overnight in more than a year. The mommy guilt has kicked in a little bit.

As for the rest of this week, I'm hoping to rearrange some things in the garage so I can dig out our Christmas decorations. I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving last year and I'm hoping to make it a tradition. And of course there's Thanksgiving. I'm a pretty lucky lady this year--I have a wonderful husband and son and I get to work from home so I can spend as much time with them as possible. Even on the days when the little guy is throwing things out of drawers and D is working from sunrise to sunset, it's a pretty good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment