The little guy in my life


Since he's bound to be a major topic of this blog, I thought I'd introduce you to my son. And, no, he doesn't look anything like the cartoon baby pictured above. That is a still from one of his current favorite cartoons--the Jack Jack short from Pixar's The Incredibles. He has very little interest in TV and movies in general, but he loves the Pixar shorts. My parents got him a DVD for his birthday that contains all of the Pixar shorts and he wakes up every morning asking to watch it (he calls every movie a "disk," but usually he means his Pixar disk).

He's a funny little guy, as most toddlers are, and just turned 2 earlier this month. Besides running around the house and watching his Pixar cartoons, he loves to play outside, draw, cook (or pretend to cook) and attempting to run up to every dog he sees (real or fake) to give them a kiss.

From the ages of 3 months to just a few weeks ago, he spent a lot of time with my mother-in-law since she watched him while my husband and I were at work. This resulted in him becoming somewhat of a neat freak, which my mother-in-law fully admits is her fault. He runs up to me for cleanup when he gets something on his hands, he can't stand to wear clothes after they get a little messy, and he often runs around the house looking for things he can throw away. In some ways, I hope this continues when he's older.

This summer we have big plans for him--moving from his crib to a regular bed and starting potty training. He loves his crib and is content to play in there after he wakes up (in fact, sometimes I have to force him to get up), but he's tall for 2 and I'm afraid he's going to fall out one of these days. I know it's time, and I'm sure he'll do fine, but I'm pretty sure some tears will be shed on my end when the crib is gone. As for potty training ... well, I'm in no hurry. We'll work on it, but I'm not going to set a deadline where he HAS to be potty trained by a certain date or age.

Stay tuned for the amusing stories that are sure to come from those summer activities ...

No comments:

Post a Comment